Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Gen Con 2015

One sleep before I head south for my first Gen Con! I'm not really sure what to expect though. I've read a lot of 2014 post-con blog write-ups to get an idea of what to expect. The main draw for me is two-fold: the Writer's Symposium and the gaming.



The Writer's Symposium has a solid line-up of talent, including Terry Brooks, Chuck Wendig, Tracy Hickman, and Pat Rothfuss. I'm looking for some character and dialogue help. And hoping that the environment and the talent help push me to finish my novel.

I'm looking forward to cruising through the Exhibit Hall. There really isn't a particular game that's a must-buy for me, but I'd like to demo a few games. My gaming group usually brings together 4-6 people every Friday night, so I'm interested in something that will engage them all. As a Kickstarter backer of Monolith's Conan board game, I'll definitely be checking out their demo.

My schedule's pretty busy. Thursday and Friday are jam-packed with writing seminars while in the evenings, I'll be playing Twilight Imperium and A Game of Thrones, respectively. Saturday night is opening and I'm still searching for something fun, perhaps an RPG. Sunday morning will have us check out True Dungeon before the long drive back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails